Monday 26 August 2019

10 Spot Fly Day + Pied Fly

I had a message from my mate Matt Knott this morning telling me that there was a large count of 6 Spotted Flycatchers near the Bristol Schools Camp in Exmouth so I went down to look for them .
In the end I managed to see 7 of them along with 4 Willow Warbler , 2 European Green Woodpecker , 2 Common Raven and a Eurasian Sparrowhawk .
I then took a look around the top fields where I saw another 3 Spotted Flycatchers , 20+ Northern Wheatear , a Common Stonechat and a Common Whitethroat .

Later in the day news came out of a Pied Flycatcher on the Exminster Marshes and as I have never seen one on the marshes before I got there as fast as I could and in the end I got a good view of it . But I was very lucky to get this shot of it as it was very mobile and always in the top of the Oak trees but I got this one chance as it sat in the open so I fired off a few shots ! most of them were blurred , but with a bit of work I managed to save this one ....Thanks James .

No comments:

Post a Comment