Monday 4 February 2019

Yellow-Legged Gull

I had a call today telling me that there was a Black-Necked Grebe on the Exe Estuary off of Cockwood , so I went down to see if I could catch up with it . I scanned up and down the estuary but there was no sign of it anywhere but I did see a Slavonian Grebe , a Great Crested Grebe , 2 Common Eider , around a dozen Red-Breasted Merganser , a Common Gull and then the bird of the day a 2nd winter Yellow-Legged Gull that was picked out on the edge of the estuary and it then flew towards Cockwood giving great views .
I then drove around the lanes by the village of Kenn where I saw 20-30 Red-Legged Partridge . My last stop of the day was at the Exminster Marshes where 20+ European Golden Plover were seen plus a Peregrine Falcon , 20+ Fieldfare and a female type Western Marsh Harrier that was always a bit distant and I could only manage these 2 record shots of it .

No comments:

Post a Comment