Friday 11 January 2019

Velvet Scoter

A look at Goosemoor in Topsham this morning got me 8 Common Greenshank . I then walked down to Bowling Green Marsh and from the hide I saw 30+ Bar-Tailed Godwit that were in with the numerous Black-Tailed Godwit , there was also a good number of Dunlin and it is good to see them back on the marsh again also seen were 8 Common Snipe and a look in Bowling Green Lane got me brief views of the Yellow-Browed Warbler again .
I then met up with my mate Andy and we went down to Dawlish Warren to look for an immature Velvet Scoter and we got on to the bird ok but it was quite a long way out , also seen were 4 Common Scoter and 2 Ruddy Turnstone , we then headed back towards Exeter and on the way we stopped off at Cockwood for a look at the Exe Estuary where we saw 2 Common Eider , a Slavonian Grebe , a large flock of Dunlin and a Common Seal .

No comments:

Post a Comment