Sunday 30 December 2018

Weasel

I went to Darts Farm in Topsham this morning to check out the finch flock and it is started to build up a little bit with mostly Common Chaffinch bit there was also a few Reed Bunting in with them , but no sign of any Brambling .
I then went to the Matford Marshes on the edge of Exeter as a Yellow-Browed Warbler had been seen there yesterday and I was only there a short while when I heard it call but I could`nt manage to see it . But I put the news out anyway and after a while Dave Boult and Andy Bond turned up and after quite a search we all managed to see the bird but it was constantly on the move with a flock of Long -Tailed Tits , also seen was a Little Grebe , 2 Common Chiffchaff , a smart male Goldcrest , 2 Redwing , a Eurasian Bullfinch and this superb Weasel that popped out for a short while before vanishing back into the undergrowth .

No comments:

Post a Comment