Thursday 23 November 2017

Hawfinch

This morning I went up to the Haldon Forest in hope of seeing the Hawfinch again . At first I went to a spot where I have had Common Crossbill before but after a bit of a search I gave up as none were on show and all that I saw were 20+ Common Chaffinch and a Eurasian Nuthatch .
I then went to the spot where I had seen the Hawfinch a while back and I started picking up single birds  that were flying into the wood and in the end I saw about 20+ of them but it took quite a while to finally get one that was sat out in the open , I also saw two flyover Common Crossbill .
I then headed for home stopping off on the way at the Matford Pools on the edge of Exeter , where the drake American Wigeon was again in with the flock off Eurasian Wigeon and was showing a lot better today than the other day , so a nice end to todays birding .

No comments:

Post a Comment