Monday 7 November 2016

Local Birding

Todays birding started outside of my house in Topsham with a European Green Woodpecker in the cemetery grounds , I then went for a look around the Bowling Green Marsh area with my first stop being at Goosemoor , there was not a lot to see on the marsh with just a few Common Redshank and a Little Egret but above the marsh was better viewing with this juvenile Peregrine Falcon , 5 Redwing , a Mistle Thrush and a Common Raven .
I then walked on towards Bowling Green Marsh on the way seeing a Reed Bunting , at the marsh there was a few Northern Pintail , 20+ Bar-Tailed Godwit in with numerous Black-Tailed Godwit , 2 Common Gull , an adult winter Mediterranean Gull , 2 Water Rail and 5 Eurasian Jay , a look at the Clyst Estuary from the viewing platform then got me numerous Dunlin , 100+ Pied Avocet , 20+ Grey Plover , 3 Red Knot and further down the river were 3 Red-Breasted Merganser and a female Common Goldeneye .

No comments:

Post a Comment