Monday 11 April 2016

European Reed Warbler

Early this morning as I was driving through Topsham this female Common Kestrel was sat by the road so I just had to take the opportunity to fire off a shot of her , I then made my way to the Exminster Marshes for another look around and I walked down the canal path to the Turf Locks and was rewarded with my first European Reed Warbler of the year , also seen were 4 Sedge Warbler , 2 Cetti`s Warbler , there was a bit of a fall of Willow Warbler with around 15-20 seen along with 8 Common Chiffchaff , and Winter Wrens were singing and showing everywhere , at the Turf Hotel I stopped and sat in the sun and had a pint of lager and I had a few Barn Swallow`s flying overhead ....very nice , my last look today was by the back path where I saw a male and female Eurasian Bullfinch and this very large Grass Snake !

No comments:

Post a Comment