Saturday 25 July 2015

Dipping Pectoral Sandpiper

Yesterday there was a report of a Pectoral Sandpiper that was seen on Bowling Green Marsh and this morning I got a message telling me that it was seen again this morning , so I got there as fast as I could only to be told that that the bird had flown off 5 minutes before I got there , I spent quite a while there in hope that it would return but it was in vain as it never came back in and was only seen by the one birder today , but seen today on the marsh was 6 Common Greenshank , a Spotted Redshank , 2 Whimbrel , 2 adult Mediterranean Gull`s & a Common Kingfisher .
Also seen was a Jersey Tiger Moth and this Painted Lady Butterfly .
I then had a look at the Clyst Estuary and saw 6 Bar-Tailed Godwit , 4 superb looking summer plumaged Red Knot and a Grey Plover .

No comments:

Post a Comment