Tuesday 2 June 2015

Monday 1st June . 2015

My mate Andy Bond had just returned from a holiday to Mexico and was desperate to go for the Greater Yellowlegs that is still showing at Titchfield Haven in Hampshire so I made the trip with him even though I had seen the bird a week or so back ! the day started well with 2 Red Kite seen at Taunton Cross near Kilkampton in Devon at 7.25 am , we arrived at Titchfield Haven & we got news that the bird was on the scrape inside the reserve so we paid our money to get in only to be told that the bird had flown off towards the floods again but before we left the reserve we did see this superb looking summer plumaged Curlew Sandpiper allowing me to get my best ever shot of these birds , we then made our way to the Postbrook Floods and this time we got the Greater Yellowlegs ok but it was on the far end of the floods but we got good views in the end leaving Andy cock a hoop !
We then decided to go to East Sussex in hope of seeing a female Red-Footed Falcon that is being seen at Barcombe Mills and after a bit of a walk we came across some other birders and was told that the bird had been showing very well and after a little while there she was flying right in front of us and perching on the trees and bushes , I have been lucky enough to see a few of these birds now but I always get a thrill when I see these superb falcons , also seen flying around with it were two Eurasian Hobby , we got soaked by the heavy rain at one time but it was well worth it in the end .

No comments:

Post a Comment