Thursday 19 September 2013

Black-Throated Diver in Summer Plumage !!!

Another look this morning for the juvenile Rose-Coloured Starling at Dawlish Warren proved to be a lot better than yesterday as the bird showed very well today in the bushes by the entrance to the Golf Course , I then went for a 2 hour sea watch and it turned out to be well worth it as I saw my first Arctic Skua & Great Skua for the year !! but the bird of the day was a superb Black-Throated Diver in full summer plumage still & to make it even better there was a Red-Throated Diver with it for comparison , also seen were numerous Gannet , 20+ Common Scoter , 6 Sandwich Tern & a single Arctic Tern , at around 11.30 the rain set in and I lost visibility so I Headed for home before I got soaked lol .

Late add on . The Lesser Yellowlegs was showing on Bowling Green Marsh this evening a welcome tick for most of the BGM listers !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment