Thursday 25 October 2012

Bonaparte`s Gull

This morning I went down to Dawlish Warren to look for the Bonaparte`s Gull again as I had dipped it yesterday but today after around a two hour wait I picked the bird up flying in from Langstone Rock & it flew right over mine & the other birders heads but headed off up estuary , there was not a lot else to see with only 4 late Swallows heading out to sea & a Grey Wagtail .
On the way back home I dropped into the Exminster Marshes for a quick look & was told that there was a Great White Egret on the marshes , from the middle car park you could just about see the bird but it was way off by the railway lines ! so I went over to look for it  but there was no sign of it at all , so I started to walk back to the car when I heard a call from a couple of Canadian birders & as I turned around they were pointing at the bird flying right over me , I fired off a few shots but this was the best I could get !!! still a good bird to see on the marshes .

No comments:

Post a Comment