Tuesday 28 February 2012

5 Barnacle Geese

This morning I went out early to have a look for the female Hen Harrier on the Exminster Marshes & parked the car in the middle car park & walked up the track to the metal gate that looks out over the northern part of the marsh towards the moterway bridge , getting my first singing Chiffchaff of the year & a few Cetti`s Warbler`s , I had spent around half an hour looking for the Harrier with no luck ! when I picked up 5 small geese in the distance & as they came closer I could see that they were Barnacle Geese that were heading south !!
I then had a look at the main pool by the road & picked out the male American Wigeon that was in with around a 100+ Eurasian Wigeon , I then met up with Brian Heasman & we went for a look at  Powderham Marsh & Bri refound the 5 Barnacle Geese that were in immaculate condition & we got nice views of them until a male Peregrine Falcon flew in & cought a duck & sat there eating it & the geese flew off towards the Swans Nest area .

No comments:

Post a Comment